Portuguese Innovation Society
SPI (www.spieurope.eu/) is a private consulting company created in 1997 as an active centre of national and international networks connected to the research and innovation sectors. Since its inception, SPI has become a leading promoter of linkages between national and international public and private organizations, and private sector companies, science and technology institutions.
- Posted on: Jan 10, 2017
Post Date: Jan 10, 2017
From its onset, SPI has embraced the mission of managing projects that promote regional, national and international development, stimulate knowledge management, research, innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as encourage internationalization and creation of strategic partnerships and business relationships.
SPI has over 65 full-time staff located in the various offices of the company - including in Portugal (Porto, Lisbon Coimbra, and Azores), China (Beijing and Macao), Spain (Santiago de Compostela), USA (Washington D.C. and California), Singapore and Belgium through the European Business and Innovation Centre Network (EBN). SPI also has established professional and business network and operations in Brazil and Africa. SPI is well positioned as a facilitator of innovation with an emphasis on Science and Technology and Territorial Development. Its dynamic perspective allows for an intervention at a global level and to continually increase its network of contacts, creating organisational value for its clients.
SPI has coordinated and provided expert support on projects based in Europe, Asia, North America, South America and Africa. In addition to working with private clients, SPI has conducted projects within these regions of the world in support of clients such as the: European Commission, World Bank, Inter-American Development Bank and National Governments.
SPI has extensive experience of coordinating and partnering in INCO/BILAT projects. These include the Eastern Partnership countries, Central Asia, China, S.E. Asia and the Pacific. SPI is also a member of the current H2020 international collaboration project for the Black Sea Region. SPI also has FP7 & H2020 project experience in a range of Cooperation themes, often leading international consortia with a mix of EU and non-EU partners.
As an innovation and technology transfer expert and international STI cooperation specialist, SPI brings in expertise on the planning, development and operation of the project. SPI also brings experience through the network, and previous projects in the definition and deployment of training programmes, policy formation and pan-european communication and dissemination.
In detail, SPI, based on its capacity, is going to contribute in the following tasks:
1) In WP1, in supporting the EU-EaP STI Policy Dialogue, in maximizing the impact of the Association to H2020, in supporting the Training for Programme Committee Members and in shaping the future of the EU – EaP STI cooperation
2) In WP2, in the organization of H2020 Info Days, Webinars for H2020 and of a local NCPs training, in the targeted cooperation with Scientific Diaspora and in enhancing contacts: Grants for networking
3) In WP3, in training for technology managers, in boosting Clusters in EaP and in promoting the ETPs concept in EaP
4) In WP4, in the development of a Policy development framework
5) In WP5, in the coordination of communication, dissemination & outreach activities including project’s visual identity and dissemination materials and the content management