Closing of the festival of Science and Innovation 2017 in Georgia
The Festival of Science and Innovation 2017 was officially closed in Georgia on October 10, 2017
International Science and Innovation Festival 2017 in Georgia: the best scientist and the best scientists’ team award ceremony
The Festival of Science and Innovation 2017 was officially closed in Georgia on October 10, 2017 with the ceremony honoring achievements of the best scientist and the best team of scientists. The event was organized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and LEPL Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia (SRNSFG), the latter which is partner in the EaP PLUS project.
It is the second time that the award (following the national competition) takes place and encourages Georgian as well as international researchers to highlight their efforts in STI development, to popularize Georgian research and Georgian studies worldwide.
National awards have been issued in the following categories:
- The best international scientist working in the field of Georgian Studies – Timothy Blauvelt.
- The best young scientist working in the field of Georgian Studies – Levan Tielidze.
- Best scientist working in the field of Georgian Studies – Tamar Makharoblidze.
- The best young scientist of the year 2017 – Giorgi Tepnadze.
- The best scientist of the year 2017 – Ramaz Katsarava.
- The best team of scientists – Temur Zakarashvili, Vasik Kukhianidze, Davit Kuridze.
In addition, 24 distinguished scientists received certificates of appreciation for their exceptional contribution in the development of Science in Georgia.