EaP PLUS Workshop "Science Connects: Strengthening the Interaction between Researchers in Ukraine and Scientific Diaspora"
The aim of this workshop is to facilitate networking between expat scientists and researchers in Ukraine
EaP PLUS organises its first workshop dedicated to the topic of scientific diaspora. This workshop focuses on the scientific diaspora of Ukraine and aims to
- join efforts to establish permanent links with expat scientists and their abroad communities,
- foster knowledge exchange and intensify collaboration,
- stimulate joint grant applications (in particular within the Horizon 2020),
- promote the development of innovations in Ukraine,
- contribute to solving the challenges faced by the state and the society
- engage scientific diaspora in evaluation process in Ukraine.
The workshop will be held as a back-to-back event within the International Symposium “International and National Scientific Organizations as a Factor for Formation of the Global Scientific Community” organized by G. M. Dobrov Institute for Scientific and Technological Potential and Science History Studies of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine (Kiev, 15–17 May 2017) supported by the International Association of Academies of Sciences (IAAS), and UNESCO.
Who is invited to attend:
We welcome Ukrainian scientists and scientists of Ukrainian origin living and working abroad (“scientific diaspora”), representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations, international organizations concerned with the development of science and dissemination of research results.
Workshop Organisers: National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine within «STI International Cooperation Network for EaP Countries Plus (EaP PLUS)» project of Horizon 2020 funded by European Commission.
Languages: Ukrainian, English (translation is not foreseen)
General info on the event https://sites.google.com/view/scienceconnectsua/home