Sustainable development at the Black Sea - Conference
The Ministry of Research and Innovation of Romania and the Romanian National Institute of Marine Geology and Geoecology - GeoEcoMar will organise the high-level Conference which will take place on 8-9 May 2019, in Bucharest.
- May 8—9, 2019
- Romanian Palace of the Parliament, Bucharest
Post Date: Apr 4, 2019
The Conference is dedicated to the official launch of the future Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the Black Sea and the first discussions and plans for its practical implementation. This event is part of the Official Programme of the Romanian Presidency of the EU Council. The conference will offer the Black Sea riparian states and the Republic of Moldova the opportunity to discuss, adopt and set up the future steps for the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the Black Sea. The organisation of the conference is supported by the EU Commission and the EEAS.
For those who are interested in discovering ways and plans to promote eco-tourism in the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve, a field excursion will be organized on May 10-11 to the Danube Delta coast. A limited number of places are available for this second event.
The main objectives of the event are:
- Presentation of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the Black Sea
- Presentation of major research initiatives funded by the European Union and of the main international organizations that support scientific cooperation in the Black Sea
- Presentation of experiences concerning basin-wide Strategic Research and Innovation Agendas in other European seas
- Introduce to the Black Sea marine research community the opportunities given by the major European research and monitoring infrastructures and initiatives
- Introduction of the main pillars of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the Black Sea
- Establishment of concrete short-term steps for the successful implementation of the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the Black Sea
- Presentation of the Bucharest Declaration regarding the Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for the Black Sea
The conference will bring together all major categories of stakeholders with active and potential roles in building a sustainable and innovative society in the Black Sea region. Besides the research and academic communities, the Conference will bring together actors from all the Black Sea countries, supporting a smart connection between Europe and Asia, aiming to bring to life the “Silk Road” of the future. Decision and policy makers, academics, professionals, local communities, environmental NGOs, business persons will work together in five parallel sessions.
The scope is to identify policy options and priorities, as well as plan future actions. Outcomes of the parallel sessions will be used to strengthen and support the “Bucharest Declaration” aimed to build a Sustainable and Innovative Society around the Black Sea. The Conference will thus be a landmark also on a process started by the EC in 2016, which has grouped DG R&I, DG MARE, the Eastern Partnership and a group of researchers in the Black Sea countries to develop a strategic plan to back the smart and sustainable growth in the region.
Registrations are open until 15.04.2019.
For more Information on the event, visit the website: http://www.sust-black.ro/