Join ICT 2018 in Vienna this December
This year, the flagship ICT research & innovation event of the EU will be organised in Vienna. Join us on 4-6 December to meet the ICT community of Europe, learn about the possibilities of EU research funding, and be part of the discussion on our future digital policies.
To learn more on how the Commission will address
- the economic opportunities and challenges which come with innovation
- the shortage in digitally skilled workers in Europe;
- the potential of artificial intelligence for growth and competitiveness, and its ethical implications;
- cybersecurity and the online security and privacy of EU citizens and businesses;
- the future of supercomputing and the use of data;
- the growing need to harmonize and digitalize public infrastructures across member states.
To meet our speakers
We’ve invited leading experts, who will discuss and challenge present and future digital policies in the EU.
- Christophe Sapet, CEO and founder of Navya, the driverless, automated electric vehicles
- Georg List, Vice President, Corporate Strategy at AVL
- Ambroise Fayolle, Vice President of the European Investment Bank
- Anne Berner, Minister of Transport and Communications of Finland
- Willem Jonker, CEO of European Institute of Innovation and Technology Digital
- Steve Phillips, Secretary-General at Conference of European Directors of Roads (CEDR)
- Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society, European Commission
- Andreas Reichhardt, Secretary-General and Vice-Minister for Innovation und Telecommunication, Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology of Austria
- Markus Reinisch (US), Vice President of Facebook
- Michał Boni, Member of the European Parliament
- Professor Madeleine de Cock Buning, Chair of the European Regulators Group for Audiovisual Media Services (ERGA) and President of the Board of Commissioners at the Dutch Media Authority
To participate in IMAGINE18
ICT 2018 will include IMAGINE18, the annual event of the Austrian ICT community. The IMAGINE18 conference sessions, student workshops and idea marathon will follow the overall theme of “Technologies bridging Generations”: top level ICT experts and students will jointly reflect on ideas and scenarios of future developments in ICT. All ICT 2018 participants are invited to join the idea marathon and to submit a short (200-500 word) abstract of their idea for the future development of ICT.
To meet your peers
The event will provide ample space for formal and informal networking. Thematic networking sessions, organised by participants, will be open to all, while the Face2Face brokerage event will consist of prearranged one-on-one meetings.
To learn about funding opportunities of the Horizon 2020 Work Programme
The event will present the 2019 calls for proposals of the Horizon 2020 Work Programme. Each session will focus on a particular call, and will include a presentation by the European Commission, followed by a discussion on the call topics. Find out when your relevant topics will be on schedule from the agenda.
To engage with the most successful EU-funded projects
More than 100 EU-supported projects will join ICT 2018 to share their results with the audience. The stimulating environment will include Innovators, investors, international cooperation projects and many more.
4-6 December 2018
In the Austria Center Vienna, Vienna, Austria